Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sixes & Sevens

Customer Review: What a surprise!
I live in Austin where Speer plays most often. My wife works with his bass player (he's part time). When he gave her Speer's CD, she gave it to me. I have to admit I let it sit around for a while because I thought it would turn out to be some lame high school band whose dad had enough money to give them to do a CD. Man, was I wrong. This CD is great! If you like the bands the other reviewer mentioned you *will* like this. Since piano dominates most of the songs, I have to say they also remind me of Ben Folds Five. I especially like "Soak The Radio." Enjoy!
Customer Review: This is what I have been waiting for!!!!
This CD rocks. The vocalist James Speer has amazing range and melodies. He is a cross between Jeff Buckley and Peter Gabriel. The music itself is captivating! There are great dynamics from beggining to end. It's almost like a soundtrack. The hits are all over this CD, but the ones that really stand out are 'Blue Bowl', 'View', and 'Already gone'. The rest of the tracks are just as powerful and I keep finding a new favorite every time I listen to the CD. I don't know where this guy came from but I hope to see more material. I went by his website, WWW.SPEERMUSIC.COM, and found that he is only playing in Austin, Tx. I hope that he will go on tour soon. I highly recommend this album if you like the folling artists: COLDPLAY, DAVE MATTHEWS, COUNTING CROWS, PETER GABRIEL, DAVID GRAY, JEFF BUCKLEY, STING


Gossip Girl continues to bring fresh music to each and every episode from a roundup of indie bands just making a name for themselves or already favorites with a huge fan following. In, Desperately Seeking Serena the music is loud and rocking, but every song has just the perfect lyrics to capture the mood of each scene. Here are the songs played, the bands that played them and where each tune was played in this episode of Gossip Girl.

The upcoming SATs that the entire crew must undergo is the source of much stress, anticipation and of course thoughts about the future. Two songs in this week's episode are dedicated to highlight and accompany the group as they go along with all the necessary preparations for the big day. Do The Panic by Phantom Planet opens the episode and bops along through an SAT prep monologue and a couple other SAT related scenes. Later in the episode Campus by Vampire Weekend comes in while Dan, Vanessa and Nate discuss the upcoming tests.

Three tracks follow Georgina and Serena around town and as they let loose and find trouble. Party beat Crimewave by Crystal Castles vs. Health plays while old buddies Georgina and Serena start off the night over drinks. Later in the night, and the episode, the now intoxicated duo party the night away to the song Nice Sweet Sexy by DLFX ft. Imperio & Cru. Finally, Georgina employs her best scheming to get Serena out for dinner and the tunes of The Ting Tings, We Started Nothing plays in the background.

Back at Blair's SAT party, poor Nelly is a victim to Blair's cunning scheme. In order to rattle Nelly while she is studying Blair plays music that is sure to keep anyone from concentrating. For this scene Elevator by Flo Rida featuring Timbaland is the song of choice.

By Sophia / http://www.gossipgirl.tv You have full permission to reprint this article provided this box is kept unchanged.

latin music com

No comments: